BEYOND BELIEF, BEYOND MY UNDERSTANDING
These players deserved better, a better manager!!!
If I was to shut up and keep inside my real thoughts and worries about anything English and especially football, then it won’t be me, it would be anybody else. Because it is me, because I believe that pressure of us people works, here I go regarding why the English Football Team lost the Euro 2020, Italy did not win it, Southgate handed it to them. Nothing personal against the manager, I know him not personally, I only judge him on his performance.
The manager Southgate had it all and lost it but……
He is still the manager because he is the political animal and stooge of English FA. Had he been any CEO or president of a decent company, he would have been fired a long time ago.
Why do I think like that for this man that everybody thinks is a godsend, football saving angel?
Here it is why he failed and he must be sacked for all these mistakes:
1. He had to his disposal the best players England ever had in recent decades and he managed to use them in such a way to lose the cup. When English football is tops in club events, the National team ought to follow that too. It is a proven way to judge, expect events and results.
2. England played most of their games at Wembley, England played home, and yet, this manager failed to win this event when most teams in the competition were as poor as they had never been before and that includes Italy.
3. When it came to take penalties against Italy he made the worst possible choices and the worst pre penalty changes at the last moment. I do not blame the players who missed penalties, I blame the manager who asked them or ordered them to take penalties when they had just a minute of play in the 120 minutes of play. At least two of them were as cold physically as I was watching them from my armchair. I was appalled with the manager’s decisions before they took the shots. What was he thinking really?
4. Why was Sterling kept in the team when the manager knew that this great player gave all he had earlier and was exhausted in the final? Why keep him 120 minutes of play when it was obvious to all that the man was exhausted? I saw that before the match, during the match. What was he thinking?
5. Why was Mount kept in the team and Grealish was condemned on the bench when Mount was ineffective all the time, possibly wrong role, while the few minutes Jack was used he turned things round somehow? The whole football world was asking why is Groelish on the bench?
I do not criticise the manager after the event. I never expected him to succeed and he will never succeed, thus condemning the English team to failure. Politics should not have a place in sport but unfortunately in this case it is “RUB MY BACK AND I’LL RUB YOURS”
In a year’s time we will be writing the same things again about the failure of the English Football Team in the World Cup. It won’t be the players that will fail, it will be the manager once again!!!
PS: Nothing personal against Southgate. He is just not good enough for the job!!!